CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 14, 2008

A Day in the Life of Grace: 3 months old

I thought every few months, I'd do a "Day in the Life of Gracie" so I can look back and remember what she was doing at each stage. Here is the first one (narrated by Gracie, of course!) :-)
Time to wake up! I usually wake up between 7-8 am. (Occasionally, I'll get up once during the middle of the night, but not every often.) Mommy says she's very grateful I'm a good sleeper (at night anyway.) I've also heard her say this is her favorite time of the day because I'm always in such a good mood when I wake up. I think my smile melts her heart every morning! Looks like I was active last night. When Mommy or Daddy lay me down, my head goes on the purple sheet saver. Somehow I always wake up in a different position!
As soon as I see Mommy, I always give her a big smile and start "talking" to her. I get very wiggly because I know she's about to unwrap my swaddle.
Ahhhh.. finally free! Now I stretch out while Mommy puts my bottle in the bottle warmer.
Mommy picks me up and give me big hugs and kisses before laying me on the changing table. My diaper is usually very wet so I lay still so Mommy can get it off of me as fast as possible. When my bottom is dry, the bottle warmer goes off telling us my bottle is warm! Mommy and I sit in the glider and drink my bottle.
After my bottle, Mommy gathers up my used bottle and ice pack and we head downstairs. After the bottle is in the sink and the ice pack is in the freezer, Mommy lays me on my floor mat. While she is getting her breakfast, I play. I always start off by saying "hi" to my best friends... the bees.
Here are the bees that hang from my playmat. I talk to them every morning and tell them about my dreams.
After I'm done talking to my friends, I play with the other toys that hang from my mat. When Mommy's finished eating breakfast, she picks up the living room and makes sure I have enough diapers in the pack and play for the whole day. Then she sits on the floor and plays with me.
I like when Mommy is close by and I always make sure she knows it by giving her lots of smiles and giggles. She sings to me and tells me what we are going to do for the day.
I also show Mommy my newest trick.. blowing bubbles. Mommy thinks it's funny so I make lots of bubbles!
When I'm tired of my playmat, I lay there and suck on my fist (another favorite pasttime of mine). Mommy knows when I'm done playing when I stop looking at my toys.
After all that laying, I'm ready to sit up and play! Mommy puts me in my newest toy, my jumperoo. I can't quite reach the floor yet, so Mommy puts a pillow under my feet. Then she turns on the music and I play with the toys around me. Mommy is always telling me to "jump" but I have no clue what she's talking about. When the music stops, she tells me that if I jump the music will start playing again. I try pulling my legs high in the air, but that doesn't help. Mommy just laughs and makes my jumperoo move and the music starts again! One day, I'll figure this thing out!
I've also discovered that the seat tastes very yummy so I chew on it while I'm playing.
When I'm tired of sitting in my jumperoo, Mommy lays a blanket on the floor and puts me on my tummy. This is not one of my favorites, but I deal with it. She lays toys out and I usually look at each one before deciding which one I'm going to play with. Today, I've chosen a rattle. Mommy is always telling me to "turn over" but again, I have no idea what she's talking about. After awhile, she'll start rocking me and turning me on my side. Sometimes I'll fall over backwards and Mommy claps for me, so I smile, but I have no idea why. Then she always puts me back on my tummy and starts over again.
This is me right after I've fallen over on my back from my side.
When I've had enough tummy time, Mommy lets me lay on my back and play with my toys.
When I'm tired of laying down, Mommy sits me in my bumbo seat. I love sitting up and looking around. Mommy runs the vacuum when I'm sitting in my seat and I think that's pretty funny.
When I start making faces like this, Mommy picks me up and cuddles with me. Depending on what time it is, sometimes she'll read me a book or sing to me.

About 1 1/2-2 hours after I wake up, I'm tired again. Mommy changes my diaper and lays me in my crib and lets me watch my mobile while she lays out my miracle blanket.

Then she swaddles me. I love being swaddled and I can't sleep unless I'm all wrapped up. Otherwise, my arms just keep moving and I wake myself up! Mommy then turns on my aquarium and I watch it until I fall asleep.

Sometimes I want my pacifier, sometimes I don't. Today, I wanted it.

I only sleep for about 20-30 minutes before I'm awake and ready to go.

I love stretching!! After a diaper check, we go downstairs and Mommy heats up a bottle for me.

Today is bath day, so Mommy runs the water and puts me in my tub. I love being in the water!! Mommy says most babies like their baths at night, but I'm not most babies... it makes me very active and wide awake so I get my baths in the morning!

After bath time, Mommy dries me off, brushes my hair and gets me dressed. Then she lays me in my crib and turns on the mobile so I can watch the butterflies while she cleans up the bathroom.

Then I sit in my bouncy seat and play while Mommy takes a shower and gets ready. She tells me that she used to take a long time to get ready, but can now do it very quickly so I don't get bored in my seat and get upset!

After bathtimes, we go back downstairs and play. If she didn't read me a story before my nap, Mommy reads to me now. Then we sing and dance around the living room and look in the mirror. Mommy walks me around the room and shows me all the pictures and tells me who is in them. Most of them are of me!! After awhile, I start to get fussy so Mommy puts me in my swing. I love swinging back and forth and listening to the music. There is mirror above me and I love to stare at myself. I stare so long that I usually fall asleep!

After my nap, another bottle and another diaper change, Mommy says it's time to go to the store. It's cold outside so Mommy puts on my new hat. I don't think I like it so I let Mommy know by giving her this look. (LOL... it looks like she is ready to go kick someone's butt!)

After we get home from the stores, Mommy puts me in my high chair and I play while she puts away the groceries and cleans up the kitchen. I can sit in my high chair for a long time before I get bored so Mommy will usually start planning dinner and anything else she can get done before I decide I want out of my seat.

Mommy always hits something over here to make the music start. Where is that button?!?!

After playing in my highchair, I'm ready to lay down and play. So Mommy puts me on my playmat again. I usually play there for a while. Sometimes I take a nap, but most of the time, I stay up until around 5:00 or so. Then I'm ready for another bottle and diaper change. The warm formula usually makes me very tired since I didn't have a nap, so I fall asleep. Mommy swaddles me and puts me in my pack and play in the living room. Mommy usually take a break now and watches some TV or reads a book for a little while. Daddy usually calls around this time and she goes to the kitchen to make dinner.

After I wake up, Mommy puts me back in my high chair and I play until Daddy comes home. Then he picks me up, gives me hugs and kisses and plays with me until dinnertime. After dinner, either Mommy or Daddy play with me until my final bottle of the night.

Right before my bottle, Mommy changes my diaper and puts me in a comfy sleeper. I usually fall asleep during my last bottle.

Then I get hugs and kisses from Mommy and Daddy and one of them lays me in my crib. Sweet dreams!!

0 comments: