Tuesday was Gracie's first day of preschool. She is in the AM class this year, 3 days a week. After eating breakfast and watching a cartoon, she got dressed and I attempted to take her "1st day of school" picture. This was the first one I snapped. Thank goodness it was a good one because our little photo session went downhill :-)
I don't know why she can't look at the camera long enough for it to actually take a picture without her moving or looking away. It's only by luck that I catch her at the right second. First, she looks down.
Then she moves.
A second before the camera snapped, she turned a 180 insisting I get a picture of her Princess backpack.
I give up. :-)
After I took these, we headed outside to try some outdoor shots. As you can see, I didn't even bother to take the time to upload them. Between the workers starting to replace the roof on our neighbor's house to the parents walking their children to the nearby elementary school for their first day, I had no hope of getting a picture of her looking at the camera.
Just like last year, she had no problem with me leaving her at school. There was only one other little girl in the classroom when we got there. Gracie took her backpack off, hung it on her assigned hook and put on her name tag. She gave me a hug and kiss and ran off to wash her hands. The other little girl wouldn't let go of her mom's leg. As I was leaving, there was another little boy in the middle of a meltdown (throwing himself on the floor and screaming). I am so relieved that Gracie is comfortable enough not to get upset. I don't think I could stand it. However, I am really happy that she is excited to see me when I pick her up!
I took the opportunity to do a little kid-free grocery shopping and it was fantastic! LOL It's the little things. Gracie was smiling ear-to-ear when I picked her up and her teacher said she had a good day. She talked about her morning all the way home. Next week, she'll go three days. I don't know what I am going to do with myself. :-)

0 comments:
Post a Comment