Nick and I decided to give Gracie her Dora car the night before her birthday since the day of her birthday was going to be so busy. I was sooo excited to give her this. I thought she'd jump on it and we'd never be able to get her off. She loved it when we first brought it out!

She even got on it and let Nick show her how to press the button to make it go.

And that is the last she has been on it. :-( She refuses to sit on it, but likes to push the button and WALK beside it. I think I'm going to hide it and try again at Christmas!
The day of her birthday party was HOT, HOT, HOT! We were expecting a lot of people so we knew we'd have to have it outside. Dad even set tents up but the sun was a killer! We left the cake inside until we were ready to sing.

Between the heat and all the people, Gracie did not have the best of days. She did not want to be center of attention, which meant that I had to sit and open all her presents. Most of the pictures I have are of her crying. Here is a rare moment where she looked like she was enjoying herself (most likely because there was cake involved!) :-) You can tell how hot she is... her hair is a sweaty mess!

She was too impatient to wait for her own slice of cake, so she took matters into her own hands.

Even though she wouldn't look at her presents on her birthday, she loved everything she got! Nick and I put all of the presents in our room when we got home and every day for the next week or so, we'd bring one out at a time and let her play with them. It truly was a birthday that kept on giving (for at least a week or so.) :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment