CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 25, 2010

Imaginative play and etc

I am so impressed with how much Gracie's imaginative play as seemed to explode the last few months. She is also starting to sit and play with something for longer periods of time. Mind you, it's not LONG periods of time, just LONGER. This morning, we played with her play kitchen and all the items that go with it for about an hour. She made and poured us both drinks. She made it by filling up the coffee pot with "water" from the faucet, putting it on the burner that makes sizzling noises and then pouring it into 2 cups. She then handed me one and pretended to drink the other. She found a skillet, added a play hamburger patty, used a spatula turner to remove it from the pan and put it on a hamburger bun. She was babbling the whole time and I really look forward to the day when I can understand everything she is saying. I would love to know what's running through her little mind!

I saw her do her pretend fishing at Mom and Dad's this weekend. Dad has told me she has done it in the past, but I finally got to witness it! She was holding a stick, pretended to throw it out (like a fishing line), then used her little hand to pretend to reel it in! She has never been fishing, so I'm guessing that either 1-Grandpa showed her how to do it or 2-she saw it on a cartoon.

I think our Gracie is going to be one sentimental/emotional little girl! She LOVES Curious George and has watched the Curious George movie (the first one) a dozen times. She has recently started to get very emotional when Curious George is taken away from the man in the yellow hat. Her bottom lip comes out and the tears start flowing. It's kinda pathetic to watch! I'm not sure if we should avoid letting her see scenes like them (I don't want her to feel as if someone could come take her away at any moment) or if we should let her watch them and just constantly reassure her that it's okay.

Gracie has also become an extremely picky eater! She loves almost all breakfast foods and lunch isn't too much of a problem because I make her lunch by itself (I usually just eat while she is napping.) But dinner is becoming more and more of a problem. If we are having something spicy, I will either fix hers without the spicy or fix her something I know she will eat. But other days, I'm really trying hard to get her to eat whatever we are having for dinner. (She used to eat EVERYTHING so this wasn't a problem in the past.) She has gone on a vegetable strike, so while looking for some ideas, I can across a smoothie recipe that has spinach it in. Guess who is getting her own personal smoothie after naptime today?!? I'll let you know how it goes!

0 comments: