Gracie had her one month appointment this morning. I had looked in my baby books and on the internet and I didn't see anything that said she would get a shot today. Nor did the nurse or doctor say she would get a shot at the last appointment. So I was shocked when the doctor said she would be getting her second hep B shot today. As soon as she said it, I got teary-eyed. I was a mess by the time the nurse came in to give it. I cried more than Gracie! LOL (I know, I'm pathetic.) Nick had to hold her little arms down and she let out two cries and stopped. Mommy on the other hand cried for a few more minutes! Other than having a cranky day, Gracie handled it well.
It was also confirmed (again) that Gracie is a big girl. She weighs 11lbs 14oz (97th percentile) and is 22 3/4 inches long (95th percentile). The doctor said she wasn't concerned because she is proportionate (weight/height).
Her next appointment is late Sept. She will be getting more shots (I may need to take a Xanax before her next appointment!). I know, I know, I better get used to it.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Gracie's 1 month appointment
Posted by Kristal at 11:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment