CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Oh Boy

So I feel like I've become that pregnant girl. Last night, I realized I hadn't felt Gracie move/kick in awhile so I did what the dr. told me to do... lay on my left side, drink some juice and do kick counts. He said I should feel 5 or more kicks/movements in one hour. So I did that and when I felt nothing, I called the emergency line. Kasey called back and told me to head to triage. Nick and I got to the hospital around 11:15 and had to go through the emergency room since the front doors to the hospital close at 8:00. During our maternity tour, they made it sound like we could walk in the emergency room, tell them we needed to go to the maternity registration desk and we would be allowed to walk up. Wrong. I had to sit in a wheelchair while they called for transport. It took at least 15 minutes for someone to come and wheel me up to the third floor. Can you imagine if I would have had to sit there if I was in labor?!? I would have been upset! But instead, I just felt foolish since there was no reason I couldn't walk. Anyway, we get up the maternity floor, get checked in and then taken to a triage room. As soon as monitors were hooked up, Gracie started moving around. I swear she does this on purpose!! She even got the hiccups while on the monitor which was pretty cute. So 30 minutes after getting hooked up, we were walking back out. I told Nick on the way home that that was probably just the first of many heart attacks this little girl will give us! Luckily the nurse was super nice and didn't make me feel like an idiot (because I felt like one since she moved as soon as the monitors were turned on!!) It is now my goal to stay out of the hospital until the actual time comes, which I sure hope is soon! I can't believe tomorrow is my due date. And no, there are still NO signs of impending labor!

0 comments: