CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Dr. Appointment

I had another doctor's appointment today. This was also included the glucose test (to test for gestational diabetes). So at 1:00, I had to drink a very sugary drink. It was labeled "fruit punch." The first few drinks weren't too bad. It tasted like a very sugary Hawaiian Punch. However, about 1/2 way through the bottle, it was almost unbearable. I had 5 minutes to get it down and it took most of those 5 minutes! But I got it down and even more importantly, I got it to stay down. I got an immediate headache and my stomach wasn't feeling too hot either. Nick picked me up at 1:15 and drove me to the dr.'s office. They called me back a little before two and did the usual (blood pressure check, weight) and then drew my blood. The nurse got it in one stick! I could have kissed her. LOL Then the doctor (Dr. Kaiser) came in, said my weight and blood pressure looked great and listened to Gracie's heartbeat. Again, she made the dr. chase her with the doppler but we finally got to hear it. The dr. said it sounded perfect.

Because I have a higher risk for gestational diabetes (because I am already insulin resistant), the doctor wants to do another ultrasound to check the baby's weight and fluid level. That is scheduled for next Thursday. She also said that they wanted to start seeing me every two weeks! Wow.. the time is definitely getting closer when you start seeing the dr. every two weeks instead of every four. That appointment is scheduled for the following Tuesday. She told me that if my blood work comes back with any problems, they would call me. Otherwise, she said I could just assume everything was fine.

I had already met Dr. Kaiser once for my very first appointment with this practice. It was to discuss my infertility and Clomid. I had really liked her then and today, she was just as great. So far, I have really liked all the doctors and midwives I've seen which is really good since I don't know which one will be on call when I go into labor.

After my doctor's appointment, we stopped at Wendy's and I got some chicken nuggets hoping that it would help my stomach. Luckily it helped long enough to get home. Then I went to bed and slept until 5:30. Nick had to wake me up because we were going to Grandma's for dinner. Otherwise, I probably would have slept a lot longer!

0 comments: