CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hospital Tour

Last night, Nick and I went to our maternity orientation and tour. We learned so much and got to see the rooms. Here's how it works: If I go into labor between the hours of 5am to 8pm, we go through the hospital's front doors, go to the main elevators and then up to the 3rd floor. (If it's after hours, we have to go through the ER and they will direct us to the same place.) There is a maternity registration desk. We'll give them my name and then I will be taken to triage to be assessed while Nick signs some more paperwork. (Even though we had to turn in a bunch last night.) In triage, they will decide if I'm a keeper or if they are going to send me home. If I'm a keeper, I'll be taken to a labor and delivery room. I'll stay there until about an hour after I have Gracie. Then we'll be taken to the 2nd floor to a post-partum room. I'll be there until I'm discharged 48-72 hours later (depending on how I end up delivering). If I have to have a c-section, the operating rooms are also on the 3rd floor. The rooms seem really nice and their policy is to have the baby room-in with mom (which means that she stays with me unless I ask for her to be taken to the nursery.) We were there about an hour and a half and learned more than that silly 3 hour class we took! LOL And it was free... go figure! :-)

0 comments: