Wow... life has been a little crazy lately!! I think it's about to slow down (at least for a few weeks!) Did you see my ticker?? Only 38 more days until Gracie's due date... that seems impossible!
I don't have my memory card here at work so I won't be able to post pictures until later, but I wanted to finish writing about my baby shower last Sunday! My aunts and cousins hosted it and it was so much fun!! My Aunt Sharon had made a beautiful diaper cake (it's still sitting on our coffee table because I love showing it off!) and had written a sweet poem and had it framed with pictures of the butterflies from our bedding. There were also copies of this in the potted flowers decorating the tables. The food was delicious! We had chicken salad sandwiches, veggie pizza, vegetables and dip, chips, punch and cake. (I think there may have been more, but I can't think of what else... I really need my camera so I can look at the picture I took of the food table!) :-) Darn pregnancy brain! After the guests arrived and had a chance to eat, they played a game. Everyone thought it was going to be the typical tray game (where there are multiple baby items on a tray that everyone gets to look at. Then the tray is taken away and they have to write down the items from memory.) However, I walked out with the tray and they had to answer 10 questions about what I was wearing. The reaction was pretty funny (I could hear it from the hall.) After the game, the present-opening started. I cannot even begin to thank everyone for everything we got. We got the rest of our "big ticket" items.... the Jumperoo, bouncy seat, high chair, activity center, swing, pack 'n play. Plus tons of adorable clothes, shoes, bibs, socks, receiving blankets, burb cloths. I know we won't have to buy baby wash, lotion or diaper cream for a while!! :-) Everything was perfect!! We only received one duplicate... our boppy. However, that is just fine as well.. one for upstairs and one for downstairs! Nick and I were trying to make a list of anything we didn't get that we needed and the list is EXTREMELY short. To everyone who organized and helped and reads this, THANK YOU!!!!
I spent yesterday trying to organize everything. It was very overwhelming but so comforting to know that if she comes *right now*, we are ready for her. (Except for washing everything... but that's what moms are for, right, Mom??) :-)
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Shower Weekend, Part 2
Posted by Kristal at 9:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Of course!:) Whatever you need!!
Post a Comment