CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 9, 2008

Shower weekend!!

Wow.. this weekend was so busy, but so much fun and it went by so quickly!! First there was the shower at Mom's house for her side of the family and friends. Then there was the shower at church for my dad's side of the family and friends. Let's start at the beginning (which turned out to be Friday.)

I called off work Friday and spend the day shopping and getting packed. Nick had left that morning to go to Indiana for Bachelor Party Part 2. :-) Around 4:30, I left for Mom and Dad's house where I was going to spend the weekend. We went out to eat and stopped at a few stores and then went back to their house and did some shower preparations. Then I went to bed. Apparently the fun started after I fell asleep though....

I woke up around 7:00 and felt really warm. I thought that was strange since Mom and Dad had their air on and I had a box fan blowing on me plus the ceiling fan going. I wasn't sweaty but my face and neck felt like they were on fire. The first thing I thought of was my blood pressure. I looked at my hands and feet and they were really swollen. I knew I had taken my blood pressure pill the night before so I got up and took my morning one. Then I went to the bathroom and put a cold washcloth on my (swollen, red) face and neck. I then walked to the kitchen and mom told me that we were going to have to keep things low-key today. When I asked why she said because the air conditioner froze up last night! uh-oh! I guess after I had fallen alseep, Mom had went to bed and heard a loud noise coming from the air conditioner outside. Dad went downstairs and the unit was completely frozen! I was just relieved to know that it wasn't my blood pressure but the heat in the house that was causing my problems!! :-)

Mom called the air conditioner guy at 7:30, he called back around 8 and took pity on us. He was there by 10:00 and by 11, it was running again!! Praise God!! Mom and I then worked on getting ready for the shower. (Although I didn't have to do much since Mom had either already done or was doing most of the work! Thanks Mom!!) Sarah, Aunt Brenda and Katie showed up a little later and they helped Mom while I sat with my feet up trying to get the swelling to go down (nothing worked though).

A little before 2, the guests started arriving. We had a nice turn out.. about 17 people in all and we got some many nice things. Lots of adorable clothes, some nursery items (the matching rug, wastebasket and baskets w/ liners), diaper bag, play mat, humidifer, travel system (stroller and car seat combo), etc. Here is a picture that Mom and I took of everything. My friend Glenda (who couldn't make it) also sent a big bag full of adorable clothes that her granddaughter has grown out of. We spent a lot of time ooh-ing and aww-ing over those! Everyone was so generous!! I don't think Gracie will ever have to wear an outfit twice!! And now we have the essential thing to bring Gracie home (the car seat!)

After everyone left, Dad and I put together the stroller. Whoever writes directions for these things needs some serious help in instruction-writing!!! But we finally got it and we even put "Baby Grace" in the car seat. I was so proud, I had to take a picture! :-)

0 comments: