Another reason that I haven't been able to post is that Nick and I have been getting prepared for Matt and Audra's wedding. I went Friday morning to Becoming Mom in Mason to have a manicure and pedicure. If you're pregnant, I highly recommend Become Mom! Nick drove me there so when we left, we headed straight for Louisville to pick up Nick's tux. Luckily, it fit!! :-) We then headed for our hotel and got there around 3. We checked in and laid around until Nick's family showed up. We visited with them for awhile and then went back to our room to get dressed for the rehearsal and dinner. The weather decided to turn very ugly about this time!! But we all made it to the rehearsal safely (and mostly dry!) The rehearsal went very well (at least, I didn't notice anything unusual) and then we ate a very yummy dinner. Then we headed back to the hotel.
This is when my hormonal meltdown began. My sister-in-law brought my bridesmaid dress up to our room for me to try on. I made the mistake of looking in the mirror. As soon as she left, I broke down and sobbed for hours. I told Nick (and mom) that I looked like a linebacker in a dress. LOL. Okay, so maybe it wasn't that bad, but I swear, that's how it looked/felt to me. Of course, the more I cried, the redder my eyes got and the puffier my face became, which only made me cry harder. The alternations were perfect... I just thought it looked terrible on me! In fact, the only time I even had a problem with the dress was the next morning/afternoon because the back kept falling down. So Angie brought so pins and fixed it. I know it was just my swelling though because it fit perfectly Friday night and by the end of the night on Saturday, it was almost too tight (again, because of swelling). So Angie, if you read this, THANK YOU for altering my dress and know that my meltdown had nothing to do with the alterations.. just my self-image! :-)
On Saturday morning, I got up early (to try to get the swelling out of my face/eyes) and get ready to be picked up. Audra's sister arrived at the hotel at 8:00 and took us to Audra's parent's house. It was time for makeup and hair. Audra's parents were so nice and made sure we had something to eat and drink at all times. Around 11:00, we left for the church for pictures. The wedding started at 2:00 and was beautiful. Even though it was a Catholic mass, the time seemed to fly by!
The reception went well and was a lot of fun (although I mostly watched the fun from the comfort of a folding chair because my feet were starting to swell!) I was sad to see it end but was very happy to get back to the hotel and change into my nightgown and get the bobby pins out of my hair!
When we got back to the hotel, we discovered that the cleaning ladies had turned off our air conditioner (apparently, they had a death wish!). We turned it back on and I pulled two chairs close to it (one to sit in, the other to prop my feet on) and called mom to tell her all about the wedding. When I tried to get up later, my hips hurt so bad I could barely walk. Luckily, with Nick's help, I was able to walk around the room and loosen them up!! Nick and I got in bed around 11 and started to watch "A Night at the Museum." LOL... I don't think I saw past the opening credits. The next thing I knew Nick was saying he couldn't stay awake and was turning off the TV. Other than a few painful trips to the bathroom (due to my hips), I think I got the best sleep I have had in days!
We got up around 8 the next morning and left the hotel around 9:15. We were a few miles from Santa Claus, IN so we decided to drive through it. Not much there! :-) We then headed home and unloaded the car. Then it was off to my cousins' house for a Father's Day picnic.
Overall, the weekend went well and the wedding was beautiful!! I'm sure not everything went perfectly, but it seemed very close!
Matt and Audra~ I hope you are having a wonderful time in Hawaii!! I can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures in a few weeks!! Congratulations again!!! We love you!
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Wedding Weekend!!
Posted by Kristal at 11:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment